The mobility process cut into pieces
The Erasmus+ mobility for studies entails a whole set of processes that facilitate such mobility. Oftentimes in this process communication is needed between the sending (or home) HEI and the receiving (or host) HEI. In general one can describe the mobility flow as follows (sometimes steps are repeated/ordered somewhat differently):
- HEIs need to sign an Erasmus+ agreement;
- Sending HEI nominates the student at the receiving HEI;
- Learning agreement needs to be signed by three parties (student, sending HEI, receiving HEI) before departure;
- Student arrives at the receiving HEI and receiving HEI needs to confirm the date of arrival;
- Learning agreement might change and needs to be signed by three parties (student, sending HEI, receiving HEI);
- Student depart at the receiving HEI and receiving HEI needs to confirm the date of departure;
- Receiving HEI send TOR to sending HEI
For each of the steps that require communication (or data exchanges) between the sending HEI and the receiving HEI EWP comes into play. The processes above are translated into technical so called APIs (Application Programming Interface) that facilitate system-to-system communication, allowing users to manage their part of the process in their own system and use the EWP network whenever confirmation/approval/signatures are needed from the partner. In doing so EWP replaces paper-based workflows by digital ones.
Different scenario's for joining Erasmus Without Paper
Erasmus Without Paper allows your Higher Education Institution (HEI) to digitalise their Erasmus+ mobility management processes. Depending on the way you currently manage Erasmus+ mobilities at your institution, this page will offer an overview of the different scenarios. The main principle behind EWP is that you keep using your existing system for managing student mobility and that this system is connected to the EWP network. Instead of printing a PDF or a paper copy from e.g. an Inter-Institutional agreement or a Learning Agreement, you will be able to sign the "documents online" and send them via your software system to your partner institution who will also digitally sign them.
The following picture gives an overview of the different options. On this site you will find information and tools for all three scenarios.
Specific info per scenario
1. No Tool? Use the Erasmus Dashboard (EWP Dashboard).
2. In-house built mobility management software? Connect to the EWP Network.
3. Use of 3rd party mobility management software? They will connect you to EWP.
The Erasmus Without Paper architecture also allows you to use a combination of tools.