New Erasmus+ Programme - new Erasmus+ App!
What is the Erasmus+ Mobile App?
The Erasmus+ App was initially launched in 2017 to celebrate the Erasmus Programme 30th anniversary. Now, at the start of the 2021-2027 Erasmus Programme, the App has been completely revamped allowing for solid foundations for the services of the European Student Card Initiative.
The users across the EU can benefit from an updated App that will serve as a students' single point of entry into the Erasmus+ programme. The App will provide a broad range of information, tools and services to help students plan and carry out their exchange, supporting a first-rate mobility experience.
Is it ready to use?
Yes, the updated Erasmus+ App has been launched at the end of 2020 and is available via the Google Play and Apple Store.
Throughout 2021 even more functionalities will be added to the App, including support for digital European Student Cards and the ability to let students apply for their Erasmus mobility directly through the App.
What are the key functionalities of the Erasmus+ App available now?
The first release of the new App includes the following functionalities:
- Information about Erasmus+ Programme and the opportunities offered from the European Commission
- Mobility Journey guiding the Learners through all phases of mobility: before, during and after
- Tips and stories from fellow students and an opportunity to submit their own content
- Information on events and deals from student organisations and a chance to browse through the opportunities available to all as well as at the specific location
- Easy way to access relevant Erasmus services
- Notifications from relevant Erasmus services
- Authentication solution based on students academic credentials (eduGAIN), eIDAS or EU Login for participants in other Erasmus+ opportunities.
Who is developing the Erasmus+ App?
The Erasmus+ App is developed by a consortium consisting of Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), the European University Foundation (EUF) and the Erasmus Student Network (ESN). The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, who brings a lot of EWP and OLA-related expertise, is also involved. Furthermore the software provider EWORX, who has a longstanding experience of delivering digital solutions to the European Institutions in general and the European Commission in particular, also plays a central role in the development of this ambitious project.
Learn more about the App reliving the launch conference here. And stay tuned for the next webinar in spring 2021 for Higher Education Institutions on how to share information to their students via the App - stay tuned!